Tele-Counsellor /Counselor /Program Advisor Job Responsibilities:
Recruits students by developing fresh calling, marketing campaigns, alumni networks; evaluating recruiting techniques and materials; interviewing prospective students; initiating campaigns to induce students to attend the university/colleges /institution.
Counsellor Job Duties:
- Develops a network of fresh calling, marketing campaign, alumni by identifying and training successful alumni willing to help recruit students; coordinating the network’s activities.
- Counsel individuals as well as provide group educational guidance services
- Collect, organize, plus analyze information about individuals through records, tests, interviews, plus professional sources to appraise their interests, aptitudes, abilities, plus personality characteristics for educational planning
- Compile & studies occupational, educational and additionally economic information to aid counselled in making as well as carrying out educational objectives
- May engage in research follow-up activities to evaluate counselling techniques
- Develops a profile of students attracted to the university/colleges /institution by conducting research; interviewing applicants; designing questionnaires for current students; analyzing questionnaire results; conducting focus groups.
- Evaluates recruitment techniques by determining the effectiveness of each recruitment technique used by admissions, discerning the appeal of admissions literature, defining the expectations of the university/colleges /institution to be instilled in incoming students by the admissions staff.
- Recruits students by visiting high schools, universities/colleges /institutions, attending college nights, visiting community colleges and technological institutions.
- Welcomes prospective students by processing paperwork, interviewing applicants, arranging and conducting campus tours, conducting follow-up activities such as letter writing and phone-calling campaigns.
- Maintains recruiting operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Completes projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources; redesigning systems.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances admissions department and university/colleges /institution reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Develops business associates, agents, consultants, agencies, franchises, partners.
- Work from home due to pandemic restriction /lock-down as and when required as per government guidelines and policies.
- Pandemic appropriate behaviour is required as per government guidelines and policies.
- May be designated according to the area of activity as Academic/Admission/Tele Counselor education; Career Placement Services Counselor education . ; Guidance Counselor education; Vocational Adviser education/ program Advisor.
Admissions Counselor Skills and Qualifications:
Decision Making, Motivating Others, Persuasion, Listening, Verbal, written, reading Communication, Emphasizing Excellence, Supports Diversity, Results Driven, Coordination, Quality Focus, Connecting with Candidates, admissions, student counselling, data mining, social media mining.
Share or email Your curriculum vitae or resume mention your full name in the subject line.